A selection of newspapers and magazines is provided in the ground floor reading area. They are for reference only within the library and, ideally, should not be removed from the reading area on the ground floor.
The library subscribes to the following three national newspapers during full term on weekdays only:
- Financial Times
- The Guardian
- The Times
The past five days’ issues of the newspapers are kept in boxes on the Quick Reference shelf in the ground floor reading area and then discarded.
The library subscribes to the following magazines and journals throughout the year:
- The Economist
- New Scientist
- TES: Times Educational Supplement
- THE: Times Higher Education
- TLS: The Times Literary Supplement
Less frequent titles (monthly, quarterly, etc.):
- BBC Music Magazine (monthly)
- Nature in Cambridgeshire (yearly)
- New Theatre Quarterly
- Le Monde Diplomatique (monthly)- French edition
- Songlines (monthly)
- Theatre Research International (3 per year)
- The Cambridge Humanities Review (termly)
- Children’s Books History Society Newsletter (monthly)
The most recent four issues of magazines are kept in the ground floor reading area. Earlier issues are shelved in our Journal Collection (top floor) for at least one year.