This page lists key University web pages.
- Library catalogues
- Electronic resources
- Other library-related links
- University teaching and examinations
- Homerton College
- University of Cambridge
- University events
- iDiscover http://www.idiscover.cam.ac.uk A ‘universal’ catalogue which searches the holdings of all the libraries of the University in one go, including Homerton. You can use iDiscover to renew your books, place requests on items on loan to other readers, and pay library charges. Please login with your Raven ID.
- Cambridge Libguides for Cambridge undergraduates to find subject specific library resources to support their independent learning. There is also a specific guide on plagiarism.
- The eresources LibGuide is the portal to all electronic resources subscribed to by the University. Search for online journals and databases by subject, or using the A-Z lists.
- Cambridge Digital Library Providing online access to selected content from the University Library’s vast collections. Content will be made open and freely available to all wherever possible. Early material on the site includes some of Sir Isaac Newton’s most important work from the 1660s, including his college notebooks and ‘Waste Book’. More content is being added to the site all the time.
- Apollo The University’s online electronic repository for sharing and preserving research and heritage material. For use by all students, staff, and University departments. Cambridge students are encouraged to share their research data and theses in Apollo.
- Cambridge University Skills Portal Skills Portal for Cambridge Undergraduates to find resources to support their academic development.
Note: We recommended that you access all University subscribed ejournals, ebooks, and databases through the University portals or through iDiscover to ensure you are able to freely access everything you are entitled to as a member of the University.
Other library-related links
- University Library Twitter page (@theul)
- Cambridge libraries gateway A Cambridge University libraries’ portal with a collection of news feeds, useful links, and help pages all in one place.
- Map of Cambridge University libraries A Google Map showing the location of all (there are over 100!) libraries of the University.
- Directory of libraries of the University Includes contacts, web addresses and location on an online map.
- Incunabula Project blog Incunabula are the earliest books—usually defined as those published before 1501. ‘In October 2009 Cambridge University Library launched a cataloguing project which will make records for its collection of 4,650 incunables available and searchable online for the first time’. This project has now closed, however the blog gives interesting insights into the cataloguing project and its scope.
- Special Collections blog ‘The [University] Library is committed to using its Special Collections to support research and teaching, and to developing digital services to make the collections accessible to the widest possible audience in new and innovative ways. At the same time, it recognises the enduring importance of the physical collections, and the need to preserve this unique cultural heritage for future generations.’
- Tower Project Blog ‘The Tower Project was established to add records to the internet for “non-academic” books held by Cambridge University Library. The books concerned were acquired by legal deposit during the 19th and twentieth centuries but were not required for university teaching, so were stored in the University Library Tower…’ The project concluded in 2012, but the blog still provides an insight into the materials found.
University teaching and examinations
- Examinations—Exam timetables, guidelines and rules. These pages are updated throughout the year as information becomes available.
- Lecture lists Lists of course lectures throughout the University.
- Plagiarism: There has been a substantial revision to this policy including an amendment to the University-wide statement on plagiarism (following a recent ruling of the University Tribunal) that a student may be found guilty of an act of plagiarism irrespective of intent to deceive, and be subject to the deprivation of a degree. There are also revisions to the procedures to be followed by examiners in handling suspected cases of plagiarism. Plus there is advice on good academic practice such as referencing and study skills.
- The Homertonian Annual newsletter of Homerton College and the Homerton Roll – pdfs of latest issues are available online
- Homerton Union of Students A wealth of information about the College from the student point of view. There is some information about their shop—recommended for good prices on a wide range of stationery and office services (eg binding, colour copying, and 5p per page photocopying = cheaper than the Library!).
- Homerton MCR ‘Homerton is the newest of the Cambridge Colleges, and has a blossoming graduate community.’
- Homerton College YouTube Channel Profiles of staff and students, and information about life at Homerton College.
- Homerton College Library Twitter page (@homlib)
- Homerton College Library Facebook page (@Homertonlib)
- Homerton College Twitter page (@HomertonCollege) General news about the College.
- Homerton College Library Facebook page
- Homerton Alumni Facebook page The official group for all alumni of Homerton College. When you leave Homerton College you automatically become part of the Homerton Roll.
- The Cambridge Children’s Literature Students’ Blog ‘We are graduate students at the Cambridge-Homerton Research and Teaching Centre for Children’s Literature. This blog will tell you more about what we’re up to.’
University of Cambridge
- University of Cambridge Map http://www.cam.ac.uk/map/lecture.html Locate your lecture venue or any other University building.
- University Card http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/misd/univcard/
- CamTools https://camtools.cam.ac.uk/ a wide range of online tools and information relating to course work available to all students and staff via Raven password.
- University news http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/news/
- University YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/cambridgeuniversity
- Cambridge University Reporter http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/ the University’s official journal which is no longer produced in printed form and is now online only (since October 2011). Includes a searchable archive of past issues back to 1997.
- The Cambridge Student http://www.tcs.cam.ac.uk/ In their words: “a free weekly newspaper distributed to the staff and students of the University of Cambridge … Although The Cambridge Student is affiliated to the University Students’ Union (CUSU), we are editorially independent”.
- Varsity http://www.varsity.co.uk/“Varsity is the oldest of Cambridge University’s student newspapers and has been published continuously since 1947. It appears every Friday and is one of only three fully independent student newspapers in the UK”.
- University Flickr photo set pages http://www.flickr.com/photos/cambridgeuniversity/
- University Research http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/ Keep on top of the latest research at the University. You can sign up to a weekly email newsletter.
- Education Cambridge http://www.educ.cam.ac.uk/news/newsletter/ PDF version of all issues of a thrice yearly Newsletter of the Faculty of Education
- BlueSci http://www.bluesci.org/ Online html and pdf versions of thrice yearly BlueSci magazine – Cambridge’s popular science magazine produced by students of the University.
- CAM: Cambridge Alumni Magazine http://www.foundation.cam.ac.uk/cam.php Online version plus archive of this award winning thrice-yearly alumni magazine.
- University of Cambridge Forum http://forum.cam.ac.uk/ Online discussion forums inlcuding stuff for sale/wanted and free stuff (access with Raven password).
- Newsletter: the magazine for the staff of the University of Cambridge http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/newsletter/ Online pdf version of this bimonthly newsletter with links to back issues.
- What’s On http://www.cam.ac.uk/whatson You can subscribe to a monthly What’s On email newsletter highlighting upcoming events.
- CUSU events http://www.cusu.cam.ac.uk/events/ Cambridge University Students’ Union events.
- Talks.cam http://www.talks.cam.ac.uk/ A fully searchable talks listing service. Talks can be subscribed to and details downloaded.
- Sheet music hire http://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/current-students/library/music-hire/ A large collection of printed music scores and parts available for hire to choirs, orchestras etc. A collaboration between Christ’s College and Homerton College. Please direct all enquiries about this service to us at email@example.com
- Naxos Music Library http://www.naxosmusiclibrary.com/ Online access to all Naxos recordings (over 59,000 CDs in September 2011) at near CD quality. Freely accessible on campus. For off campus access please ask in the Library for a password.
- MusiCB3 Blog http://musicb3.wordpress.com/ A blog by staff at the University Library Music department and the Pendlebury Library of Music.